Linux - Error kernel file not found, Reinstalling kernal file not found error
Error kernel file not foundHow to reinstall the kernel?
To test this really if you are interested, make sure you have backup of your system and be ready to install the machine.remove the /vmlinux.... and /initrd image from the machine. and you will get this error.
1) Boot Linux from CD
2) You will get boot promt on screen.
3) Type linux rescue
boot: linux rescue
4) Rescue mode will mount system image under the /mnt/sysimage directory
5) Now change chroot to /mnt/sysimage
# chroot /mnt/sysimage
6) Check where the device cd is present
# cat /proc/sys/dev/cdrom
7) Mount the cd
# mount /dev/hdc /media
8) Navigate into server directory
# cd /media/server
9) Install the kernel
# rpm -ivh kernel<tab>
10) After Installation reboot the machine
# reboot -f
The topic on Linux - Error kernel file not found is posted by - Math
Hope you have enjoyed, Linux - Error kernel file not foundThanks for your time