Linux - Create custom application launcher in fedora, Creating basic launcher in fedora
Create custom application launcher in fedoraBasic Launcher Creation in Fedora
Here we will create a custom desktop launcher for Firefox. You can use this method to create a launcher for any application you like, though. On your Gnome or KDE desktop follow the steps given below.
1) Right-click on an empty area of your desktop.
2) Click on the Create Launcher item in the desktop right-click menu.
3) The Create Launcher dialog will appear:
4) The "Type" should be "Application."
5) The "Name" can be as u wish "Firefox"
6) The command is what you would type on a terminal to run the application. In most cases, the command is the name of the application. So go ahead and type "firefox" in this field.
7) In the comment field you can type anything you want - it's not mandatory. I suggest using "Browse the Internet" as the text here. This is the text that will appear in the little tooltip box when you hover your mouse over the icon.
As the finishing touch, you can click on the spring icon (which may have refreshed to be the Firefox icon) on the left of the dialog and pick an image file on your hard drive as a custom icon for your launcher. Note that there's a lot of good icon artwork under the /usr/share/icons folder of your system.
8) Click the 'OK' button and you will find a new launcher on your Desktop.
Once you've created your launcher, you can keep it on the desktop, or you can drag it up onto your desktop panel.
Application menu method
There's an even easier method to creating a desktop launcher in Fedora, but you'll be limited to only the applications that appear in your desktop Application menu. Open up the Applications, Places, or System menu, and find the application you'd like to create a launcher for. Click and hold down on the application's menu entry, and drag it onto your desktop. Voila! You can even drag it onto your desktop panel.
The topic on Linux - Create custom application launcher in fedora is posted by - Math
Hope you have enjoyed, Linux - Create custom application launcher in fedoraThanks for your time