Health - Benefits of aloe vera, Aloe Vera as cosmetic
Benefits of aloe veraAloe Vera is a plant that looks like a cactus, but is actually a member of the lily family. It grows in Africa, Asia and the warmer parts of America and Europe. The particular kind of Aloe Vera used for natural remedies has the Latin name Aloe barbadensis and its leaves contain a gel that is rich in therapeutic properties.
The Benefits of Aloe Vera
Small-scale studies and anecdotal evidence suggests that Aloe Vera may be beneficial in the following cases:
Applied as a cream for:
- Healing small cuts, insect stings, grazes and wounds.
- Healing and repairing skin tissue after burns, including sunburn.
- Healing skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, general itching.
- Cosmetic uses such as moisturising and improving the elasticity of the skin.
Ingested as a gel/juice for:
- Digestive conditions such as IBS, peptic ulcers, acid reflux, Chron's disease, candida etc.
- Musculo-skeletal conditions such as arthritis, rheumatism, etc.
- Immune-related conditions such as asthma, high fever .
- Overall protection (as an antioxidant) against free radicals.
The topic on Health - Benefits of aloe vera is posted by - Malu
Hope you have enjoyed, Health - Benefits of aloe veraThanks for your time