Bluff - Keyboard shortcuts, Navigation Shortcuts
Keyboard shortcutsUsing Keyboard is one of the best habits for computer professionals. Coders and computer professionals use keyboard short cuts instead of mouse.
All Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Shift + F10 right-clicks.
- Win + L (XP Only): Locks keyboard. Similar to Lock Workstation.
- Win + F or F3: Open Find dialog. (All Files) F3 may not work in some applications which use F3 for their own find dialogs.
- Win + Control + F: Open Find dialog. (Computers)
- Win + U: Open Utility Manager.
- Win + F1: Open Windows help.
- Win + Pause: Open System Properties dialog.
- Win + Tab: Cycle through taskbar buttons. Enter clicks, AppsKey or Shift + F10 right-clicks.
- Win + Shift + Tab: Cycle through taskbar buttons in reverse.
- Alt + Tab: Display Cool Switch. More commonly known as the AltTab dialog.
- Alt + Shift + Tab: Display Cool Switch; go in reverse.
- Alt + Escape: Send active window to the bottom of the z-order.
- Alt + Shift + Escape: Activate the window at the bottom of the z-order.
- Alt + F4: Close active window; or, if all windows are closed, open shutdown dialog.
- Shift while a CD is loading: Bypass AutoPlay.
- Shift while login: Bypass startup folder. Only those applications will be ignored which are in the startup folder, not those started from the registry (Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run\\)
- Ctrl + Alt + Delete or Ctrl + Alt + NumpadDel (Both NumLock states): Invoke the Task Manager or NT Security dialog.
- Ctrl + Shift + Escape (2000/XP ) or (Ctrl + Alt + NumpadDot) : Invoke the task manager. On earlier OSes, acts like Ctrl + Escape.
- Print screen: Copy screenshot of current screen to clipboard.
- Alt + Print screen: Copy screenshot of current active window to clipboard.
- Ctrl + Alt + Down Arrow: Invert screen. Untested on OS other than XP.
- Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrow: Undo inversion.
- Win + B : Move focus to systray icons.
General Keyboard Shortcuts
- Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Insert: Copy.
- Ctrl + X or Shift + Delete: Cut.
- Ctrl + V or Shift + Insert: Paste/Move.
- Ctrl + N: New... File, Tab, Entry, etc.
- Ctrl + S: Save.
- Ctrl + O: Open...
- Ctrl + P: Print.
- Ctrl + Z: Undo.
- Ctrl + A: Select all.
- Ctrl + F: Find...
- Ctrl+W : to close the current window
- Ctrl + F4: Close tab or child window.
- F1: Open help.
- F11: Toggle full screen mode.
- Alt or F10: Activate menu bar.
- Alt + Space: Display system menu. Same as clicking the icon on the titlebar.
- Escape: Remove focus from current control/menu, or close dialog box.
General Navigation Shortcuts
- Tab: Forward one item.
- Shift + Tab: Backward one item.
- Ctrl + Tab: Cycle through tabs/child windows.
- Ctrl + Shift + Tab: Cycle backwards through tabs/child windows.
- Enter: If a button\'s selected, click it, otherwise, click default button.
- Space: Toggle items such as radio buttons or checkboxes.
- Alt + (Letter): Activate item corresponding to (Letter). (Letter) is the underlined letter on the item\'s name.
- Ctrl + Left: Move cursor to the beginning of previous word.
- Ctrl + Right: Move cursor to the beginning of next word.
- Ctrl + Up: Move cursor to beginning of previous paragraph. This and all subsequent Up/Down hotkeys in this section have only been known to work in Rich Edit controls.
- Ctrl + Down: Move cursor to beginning of next paragraph.
- Shift + Left: Highlight one character to the left.
- Shift + Right: Highlight one character to the right.
- Shift + Up: Highlight from current cursor position, to one line up.
- Shift + Down: Highlight from current cursor position, to one line down.
- Ctrl + Shift + Left: Highlight to beginning of previous word.
- Ctrl + Shift + Right: Highlight to beginning of next word.
- Ctrl + Shift + Up: Highlight to beginning of previous paragraph.
- Ctrl + Shift + Down: Highlight to beginning of next paragraph.
- Home: Move cursor to top of a scrollable control.
- End: Move cursor to bottom of a scrollable control.
- Arrow Keys: Navigate.
- Shift + Arrow Keys: Select multiple items.
- Ctrl + Arrow Keys: Change focus without changing selection. \"Focus\" is the object that will run on Enter. Space toggles selection of the focused item.
- (Letter): Select first found item that begins with (Letter).
- BackSpace: Go up one level to the parent directory.
- Alt + Left: Go back one folder.
- Alt + Right: Go forward one folder.
- Enter: Activate (Double-click) selected item(s).
- Alt + Enter: View properties for selected item.
- F2: Rename selected item(s).
- Ctrl + NumpadPlus: In a Details view, resizes all columns to fit the longest item in each one.
- Delete: Delete selected item(s).
- Shift + Delete: Delete selected item(s); bypass Recycle Bin.
- Ctrl while dragging item(s): Copy.
- Ctrl + Shift while dragging item(s): Create shortcut(s).
- In tree pane, if any:
- Left: Collapse the current selection if expanded, or select the
- Right: Expand the current selection if collapsed, or select the
- Numpad Asterisk: Expand currently selected directory and all
subdirectories. No undo.
- Numpad Plus: Expand currently selected directory.
- Numpad Minus: Collapse currently selected directory.
- Right Shift for eight seconds: Toggle FilterKeys on and off. FilterKeys must be enabled.
- Left Alt + Left Shift + PrintScreen: Toggle High Contrast on and
off. High Contrast must be enabled.
- Left Alt + Left Shift + NumLock: Toggle MouseKeys on and off.
MouseKeys must be enabled.
- NumLock for five seconds: Toggle ToggleKeys on and off. ToggleKeys must be enabled.
- Shift five times: Toggle StickyKeys on and off. StickyKeys must be enabled.
- Microsoft Natural Keyboard with IntelliType Software Installed
- Win + L: Log off Windows.
- Win + P: Open Print Manager.
- Win + C: Open control panel.
- Win + V: Open clipboard.
- Win + K: Open keyboard properties.
- Win + I: Open mouse properties.
- Win + A: Open Accessibility properties.
- Win + Space: Displays the list of Microsoft IntelliType shortcut keys.
- Win + S: Toggle CapsLock on and off.
Remote Desktop Connection Navigation
- Ctrl + Alt + End: Open the NT Security dialog.
- Alt + PageUp: Switch between programs.
- Alt + PageDown: Switch between programs in reverse.
- Alt + Insert: Cycle through the programs in most recently used order.
- Alt + Home: Display start menu.
- Ctrl + Alt + Break: Switch the client computer between a window and a full screen.
- Alt + Delete: Display the Windows menu.
- Ctrl + Alt + NumpadMinus: Place a snapshot of the entire client window area on the Terminal server clipboard and provide the same functionality as pressing Alt + PrintScreen on a local computer.
- Ctrl + Alt + NumpadPlus: Place a snapshot of the active window in the client on the Terminal server clipboard and provide the same functionality as pressing PrintScreen on a local computer.
These are some of the widely used keyboard shortcuts by all the applications and softwares.
The topic on Bluff - Keyboard shortcuts is posted by - Jose
Hope you have enjoyed, Bluff - Keyboard shortcutsThanks for your time