Linux - A sample example of eth1 configuration, Backup server configuration a example
A sample example of eth1 configurationThe below is a simple example of a eth card configuration in linux environment. This example can help you when you configure the network manually, The below are some of the important rules whcih has to be added in the configuration file.
# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethxOUTPUT:
# NetXen Incorporated NX3031 Multifunction 1/10-Gigabit Server Adapter DEVICE=eth1 BOOTPROTO=static DHCPCLASS= HWADDR=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX IPADDR=10.XX.XX.XX NETMASK=255.255.254.0 ONBOOT=yes ETHTOOL_OPTS="autoneg off speed 100 duplex full"
Some of the mandatory fields are DEVICE, IPADDR, NETMASK, ONBOOT, HWADDR
- DEVICE : Specifies the device alias(Ex eth0, eth1, eth2..)
- ONBOOT : Whether to bring up the device up when the system boots, by default the value is no.
- IPADDR : Specify the IP Address of the system.
- NETMASK: Netmask value for the class of IP used.
- HWADDR : Specify the mac address.
- BOOTPROTO : From where the IP setting should retrive from. we set dhcp or static
The hostname of machine is set under
# cat /etc/sysconfig/networkOUTPUT:
HOSTNAME=stationx.w3calculator.com NETWORKING=yes GATEWAY=<ip address>
The topic on Linux - A sample example of eth1 configuration is posted by - Math
Hope you have enjoyed, Linux - A sample example of eth1 configurationThanks for your time