Health - Alexander graham bell stell telephone idea from elisha gray, Idea no ones monopoly
Alexander graham bell stell telephone idea from elisha gray
Did Alexander Bell stell telephone idea from Elisha Gray ?
The Elisha Gray and Alexander Graham Bell controversy:
- In the summer of 1874, Gray developed a harmonic telegraph device using vibrating reeds that could transmit musical tones, but not speech.
- In December 1874 he demonstrated it to the public at Highland Park First Presbyterian Church.
- In February 11, 1876, Gray included a diagram for a telephone in his notebook.
- On February 14, Gray's lawyer filed a patent caveat with a similar diagram.
- The same day, Bell's lawyer filed (hand-delivered to the U.S. Patent Office) a patent application on the harmonic telegraph.
- On February 19, the patent office suspended Bell's application for three months to give Gray time to submit a full patent application.
- On February 24, 1876, Bell traveled to Washington DC
- Bell's patent was issued on March 7.
- On March 8, Bell recorded an experiment in his lab notebook, with a diagram similar to that of Gray's patent caveat.
- Ten years after Bell's patent was issued, patent examiner Zenas Wilber admitted in a sworn affidavit that he had taken a $100 bribe from Bell, had taken a "loan" from Bell's patent attorney, and showed Bell the drawings in Gray's caveat.
- After March 1876, Bell focused on improving the electromagnetic telephone and never used Gray's liquid transmitter in public demonstrations or commercial use.
The topic on Health - Alexander graham bell stell telephone idea from elisha gray is posted by - Maha
Hope you have enjoyed, Health - Alexander graham bell stell telephone idea from elisha grayThanks for your time