Magnitude of star
Yes, a star's brightness is called its magnitude. A star of magnitude 0 is very bright. Stars of magnitude 5 are only just visible. Really bright stars have minus magnitudes. Sirius the brightest star in the sky, has a magnitude of - 1.5.Sirius is about 26 times brighter than ..
Pasta (Italian pasta, from Latin pasta "dough, pastry cake", from Greek (pasta) "barley porridge") is a generic term for foods made from an unleavened dough of flour and water, and sometimes a combination of egg and flour. Pastas include noodles in various lengths, widths and shapes, and varieties that ..
Astronomical term for daily motion
Diurnal motion is an astronomical term referring to the apparent daily motion of stars around the Earth, or more precisely around the two celestial poles. It is caused by the Earth's rotation on its axis, so every star apparently moves on a circle, that is called the diurnal circle. ..
PH soil decides plants color
Basically soil pH is a measure of how acidic or alkaline your soil is. Soil pH is measured on a scale of 1 to 14. If your soil has a pH value of less than 7 then you have acidic soil. On the other hand if your soil has a ..
Todays health orange juice in morning food
Orange juice is a favorite breakfast drink of thousands of people. One glass of pure orange juice per day provides your body with numerous nutrients that your body needs. Doctors and nutritionists say that drinking one glass of orange juice fills one of your body's required 5 fruit and vegetable ..
Cuccumis melon - Mulam pazham
English name: Muskmelon
Sanskrit name: Kharbuja
Hindi name: Kharbuj
Botanical name: Cuccumis melon
Tamil name: Mulam pazham
Beneficial to be consumed during the following conditions:
=> Lack of appetite
=> Weight loss
=> Urinary tract infections
=> Reduces body heat
=> Relieves tiredness
=> Increases appetite
=> Increases Kapha more
=> Reduces vata & pitta
=> It is heavy to digest
Oats improves your health
1. Eating oat regularly will lower your blood cholesterol level
2. Buy and eat oats if you're feeling sad. It's a natural antidepressant - will make you feel calmer and normally used to treat depression, anxiety and nervous disorder
3. Unrefined oatmeal can be eaten on regular basis to reduce stress while ..
More antibiotics leads to superbugs
- Researchers believe that overuse of overuse of antibiotics and incomplete followup of prescription is reducing the power of the drugs.
- "Antibiotic resistance is increasing and it's increasing at even faster rate than we were expecting," says Professor Herman Goossens, Coordinator at the European Surveillance on Antibiotic Consumption.
- Curable diseases ..
Which food has vitamin-C
1) Vitamin C assist in cell re-programming.
2) Vitamin C is an essential nutrient that is abundant in citrus fruits.
3) Vitamin C’s powerful antioxidant properties may be the reason why it assists in cell reprogramming.
4) The fact is antioxidant properties found in fruits and green vegetables are known to benefit our ..
Keep only cheerful friends
How to Stay Young n Happy Always
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight, and height. Let the doctors worry about them.. That is why you pay them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!
3. Keep ..
How to avoid cardiac arrest
A chat with Dr.Devi Shetty, Narayana Hrudayalaya ( Heart Specialist)
Bangalore was arranged by WIPRO for its employees . The transcript of the
chat is given below. Useful for everyone.
Qn: What are the thumb rules for a layman to take care of his heart ?
1. Diet - Less of carbohydrate, more of ..
Chocolate health benefits
1. It is a known fact that chocolate has caffeine in it. But did you know that you would have to eat more then a dozen chocolate bars to get the same amount of caffeine from a cup of coffee ?
There are about 5 to 10 mg's of caffeine ..
Radium has no color
Radium is nearly pure white. When it is exposed to air, though, it immediately oxidizes, turning black. The heaviest of the alkaline earth metals, radium is a chemical element whose atoms - like those of the other alkaline earth metals - have two electrons in their outermost shell; this causes ..
Solstice - An astronomical event
The solstices causes the shortest and longest days of the year. A solstice is an astronomical event that happens twice each year, when the tilt of the Earth's axis is most inclined toward or away from the Sun, causing the Sun's apparent position in the sky to reach its northernmost ..
Emotionally troubled artist
Birth Year : 1853
Death Year : 1890
Country : Netherlands
Vincent van Gogh was a brilliant but emotionally troubled artist who suffered from depression and epileptoid seizures. He spent a particularly prolific and successful year in Arles, France; in October 1888, his friend and fellow painter Paul Gaugin joined him there. ..